This statement should be read in conjunction with the Eyevestor General- & Use terms.
Welcome to the website of Eyevestor B.V. (hereafter: “Eyevestor”®). Eyevestor is a Software as a Service solution for organisations (as defined in our General- & Use Terms) to enable these organisations and all those belonging to the organisation to share in the success of their enterprise.
On the Eyevestor site, organisations and individuals can participate, invest, fund and communicate with each other. The Eyevestor platform empowers and enables those organisations (hereafter: eyeventures) registered on Eyevestor and their users to engage in bilateral transactions within the infrastructure or the eyeventure.
Organisations digitise their shares through Eyevestor. In most cases, this entails the digitization by shareholders of their positions when setting up a new eyeventure, the issuing of eyecons and the creation of accounts for eyeconholder. Once an eyeventure is created on the platform, organisations can, by means of their equity, use the platform to finance the eyeventure. Eyevestor provides the eyeventure with in-platform communication possibilities to facilitate communication between the eyeventure and their eyeconholder (accountholders) and also amongst eyeconholders themselves.
Both the eyeventure and the eyeconholder have access to the marketplace of the eyeventure, where, subject to rules set by the eyeventure, users can engage in bilateral transactions.
1. WHO MANAGES THE WEBSITE AND THE PLATFORM AND WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROCESSING?
The website and platform are managed by Eyevestor B.V., Europalaan 100, 3526 KS Utrecht, KVK (Chamber of Commerce) number: 67783309. Eyevestor is responsible as per The Netherlands Data Protection Act (Wet bescherming persoonsgegevens (Wbp)). Eyevestor may sub-contract to other parties to manage the website and platform for the purpose of building and maintenance. These parties must adhere to Eyevestor terms and policies.
2. WHAT DATA IS COLLECTED AND PROCESSED BY Eyevestor?
Eyevestor collects and processes the personal information you submit. You can sign up on the Eyevestor platform to register as a user. A user can have different roles as stated in our General- & Use terms. Personal information is requested when registering. Data collected during this process mainly relates to user and account creation and login details which are only provided to you by Eyevestor. To confirm your user-profile, Eyevestor will verify you as stated in the General- & Use terms. The user that creates an eyeventure can also create accounts for existing shareholders and potential investors for which certain personal information (of the shareholder) is required.
Note that, [in most cases], prior consent of the shareholder or potential investor is required. If you are setting up an eyeventure, additional information is required. It may be the case that Eyevestor will ask you for relevant information regarding your user or your eyeventure-profile.
This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Registration number of the company registry with the Chamber of Commerce; copy-ID of authorised signatory(ies) of the eyeventure;
- Copy of Articles of Incorporation of the underlying legal entity;
- Copy of share- or certificate holders register;
- Members agreement;
- Or annual financial statements signed and dated with a declaration by a qualified accountant.
All payments shall proceed through an Eyevestor appointed Payment Service Providers (PSP). For practical reasons these parties shall, if needed per transaction, through encryption, obtain payment information after electronic permission received from you, the user.
AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED INFORMATION
In addition to the aforementioned information, Eyevestor automatically collects generated information regarding your browsing behavior during the use of the Eyevestor website and platform. This information includes your IP-address, the type of browser that you use and the pages you visit on the Eyevestor website and platform. In addition, Eyevestor may collect information via “cookies” that are stored by your browser on your computer or device.
3. FOR WHAT PURPOSE DOES EYEVESTOR COLLECT AND PROCESS YOUR DATA?
Eyevestor collects and processes your data for the following purposes:
- To provide you with access and ability to make use of the website and platform;
- For the execution of the agreement between the eyeconholder and the eyeventure and other eyeconholders to provide the organisation with the ability to adhere to its contractual obligations towards the eyeconholder and vice versa;
- To verify the identity of the organisation;
- To execute the acceptance procedure of an eyeventure and an eyeconholder;
- To provide, on your request, supporting services;
- To approach you with information regarding our products and/or services, a newsletter, updates and surveys.
4. PROVIDING YOUR DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
- Eyevestor shall not provide any of your information to any third party without your prior permission, except as necessary to fulfill its (whether or not contractual) obligations with the PSP or if there is a legal obligation required by law.
- To implement the agreement between the eyeconholder and eyeventure and to be able to meet its obligations towards the eyeconholder and vice versa, Eyevestor will provide the necessary information to relevant selected parties and the eyeventure, eyevestor partner, if appointed by the eyeventure.
- In the event of a bankruptcy, merger or acquisition, Eyevestor can provide your personal data to the concerned parties as and when obligated by law when imposed by a body or person authorized by law.
5. HOW DOES EYEVESTOR PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Eyevestor will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your data against loss or against any form of unlawful processing. Your personal information will not be kept longer than is necessary for the realization of the purposes for which they were collected or further processed. User and User related data will be maintained for at least 5 years as required by law.
6. INSPECTION, IMPROVEMENT AND DISPOSAL OF YOUR DATA
If you want to access the data Eyevestor has recorded about you or if you want to correct or delete these data because they have changed, are incorrect or incomplete or if you want your user profile removed, please contact Eyevestor by email via email@example.com. Eyevestor will inform you within two weeks about your personal data that are being recorded and/or utilised and whether Eyevestor will or can meet any requests for correction or deletion.
7. OPTING OUT OF DATA PROCESSING FOR COMMERCIAL AND CHARITABLE PURPOSES
Users manage their email preferences as set in their User Profile settings.
8. TO WHAT EXTENT IS EYEVESTOR RESPONSIBLE?
9. CAN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT BE AMENDED?
This privacy statement may be extended or amended in the future. All changes will be published on the website.
10. Cookies and Cookie Monsters
What Are Cookies?
When you submit data, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence. In order to provide you with a better experience and to remember your preferences, we set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with our website.
How To Disable Cookies?
Most browsers let you refuse or accept cookies. See your browser’s Help or Tool function how to do this. Disabling cookies may affect functionality of this website and others you visit.
Questions, feedback and complaints can be raised to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you for the effort taken to contact us and to read this privacy statement. We strive to react as soon as possible and no later than three working days after receiving your message.
Definitions of used terms you can find in our General- & Use terms.